The South Korean electronics revealed its 5nm chipset for their upcoming smartwatches and wearable gadgets. Samsung Watch 4 will be the company first smart watch to feature it.
According to the reports, this new processor has been made with the collaboration of Google and Samsung. The tech giant termed the upcoming processor as Exynos W920.
Samsung claimed this new chip as “the first wearable-specific chipset on a 5nm process”. In addition to this, the smartwatch-only processor helps to enhance the performance and efficiency of the gadgets.
Exynos W920 Specifications
We’ll be able to see the in-depth details of the newly wearable-specific chip in the upcoming days, although some of the details have already been leaked. Hence, we are discussing some of the features of this SoC in the following points:
- The chipset comprises 2 cores of Cortex-A55 as well as a Mali-G68 GPU. To recall, the latest chipset from QUALCOMM – Snapdragon 888 has 4 cores of Cortex-A55.
- It is used for low-power tasks within the hardware.
- The South Korean tech giant said that it will provide 20 percent better CPU performance and also 10 times better GPU performance as compared to its previous smartwatch gear’s processor.
- In regards to small gears, the chip includes a Cortex-M55 processor that’s been used to drive an always-on display (AOD) that will result in further reducing power consumption.
- In terms of size, the processor is small so that the Wear could fit a large battery setup and have a sleek design.
- The Exynos W920 comes up with a 4G LTE Cat.4 modem and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) L1 for connectivity and tracking operations of the device.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 series
The mobile phone manufacturer has decided to launch two of its smartwatches of the Galaxy 4 series at its Galaxy Unpacked 2021 event. The two models of this lineup include Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4.
Both models will be running Wear OS 3, while the display screen will be protected by Gorilla Glass DX. On the other hand, the device will be having IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance.